On the first competition day (7 October 2013), Hong Kong athletes captured 2 golds, 1 silver and 4 bronzes, a total of 7 medals. The medal winners are:
* CHAN Ho Ling in Squash Women's Singles
* LEE Ho Yin in Squash Men's Singles
* ZHENG Tian Hui in Wushu (Taolu) - Women's Changquan
* AU Wing Chi Annie in Squash Women's Singles
* AU Chun Ming in Squash Men's Singles
* HO Siu In Jenny in Women's Sabre Individual
* CHAN Sharon in Women's 1-meter board in Diving
Currently, Hong Kong ranks fifth on the Medals table. In this Games, Hong Kong athletes participate in 23 events. More medals are anticipated in the coming days. For more details of the Games, please visit http://2013eag.hkolympic.org.
The Federation would like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt appreciation to the Home Affairs Bureau, the Leisure and Cultural Services Department for their staunch support, FILA Marketing (Hong Kong) Limited for providing the official sports uniform, Kent & Curwen for providing the official formal uniform, Air China in sponsoring the air tickets to Tianjin.