Rules & Regulations
International Olympic Day is an annual, global celebration that takes place on 23 June. Following the three pillars set out by International Olympic Committee (IOC) i.e. MOVE, LEARN and DISCOVER, Olympic Day summons people across the world to get active MOVE, LEARN about the Olympic Values and DISCOVER new sports. Three intrinsic values: Excellence, Friendship and Respect, are powerfully conveyed at the time of the Olympic Games.
For the new generations to embrace the philosophy of Olympism through different platforms, the Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China (SF&OC) organizes the “2021 Olympic Day – Colouring and Drawing Competition”. It aims to provide an opportunity for our children and everyone to learn the Olympic Values through the drawing process and to celebrate Olympism with their artwork.
Each entrant shall comply with the rules set out in the Rules and Regulations, failing which the entry will be disqualified / not be entertained and the Organizer will not make any further notice thereupon.
‧ For kindergarten category, the entrant should colour and draw on the designated artwork provided by the Organizer. The designated artwork (Kindergarten Group Only) can be downloaded HERE.
‧ For other categories, there is no restriction on the use of drawing tools and types of paints
‧ Participants are required to draw a picture in A4 (297mmx210mm) paper in vertical or horizontal format
‧ Photographs, computer drawings, other 3D objects and/or any form of collage are not accepted
‧ The artwork should not be folded or curled while sending in
Competition Category (according to the 2020-2021 academic year)
‧ Kindergarten Group (K1 – K3)
‧ Lower Primary Group: Primary 1 to 3 students (full day or half day)
‧ Upper Primary Group: Primary 4 to 6 students (full day or half day)
‧ Open Group: Residents holding a valid Hong Kong Identity Card
Judging Panel Members
The Hon MA Fung-kwok, GBS, JP, Member of the HKSAR Legislative Council (Sports, Performing Arts, Culture and Publication)
Mr. LAM Tian Xing, Chairman of The Hong Kong Artists Association, Executive Vice Chairman of China Federation of Literary and Art Circles Hong Kong Member Association, Committee Member of China Artists Association
Mr. HUNG Hoi, Committee Member of China Artists Association, Museum Expert Adviser of the LCSD, Adjunct Professor of the School of Professional and Continuing Education of the Hong Kong University
Mr. WONG Po Kee, MH, Honorary Deputy Secretary General of the SF&OC, Member of 2021 Olympic Day Organizing Committee
Ms. SZE Hang Yu, Hong Kong Swimming Athlete, Vice-Chairperson of Athletes Committee of the SF&OC, Member of 2021 Olympic Day Organizing Committee
Judging Criteria (Kindergarten Group)
Use of Colour (20%)
Judging Criteria (Other Groups)
Theme Fitting (30%)
Awards and Prizes
1. Champion, 1st Runner-up, 2nd Runner-up plus 10 other merit awards for each category.
Lower Primary Group
Upper Primary Group
Cash Prize HK$2,000, a trophy, a certificate, Ocean Park Daytime Admission Ticket x 4, a pair of Oakley sunglasses
HK$20,000 Free Credit Card Spending Limit* Sponsored by ICBC (Asia), a trophy, a certificate
Cash Prize HK$1,000, a trophy, a certificate, Ocean Park Daytime Admission Ticket x 3, a pair of Oakley sunglasses
Cash Prize HK$500, a trophy, a certificate, Ocean Park Daytime Admission Ticket x 2, a pair of Oakley sunglasses
A Certificate of Merit, a gift by FILA
*The free credit card spending limit can only be used for purchase of goods and services and cannot be redeemed as cash. The spending limit can neither be used to settle any monetary obligation nor to settle outstanding liability in credit card accounts accrued prior to the winning of the prize.
2. Decisions reached by the Panel shall be final and non-appealable. However, the Organizer reserves the right to forfeit the award(s) from the winner(s) and transfer the award(s) to such other entrant(s) as the Organizer deems fit if the winner(s) is / are disqualified for any reason at the right of the Organizer, including breach of and / or non-compliance with the Rules and Regulations.
3. The Organizer has absolute right as to the total number of awards and prizes to be awarded in this Competition. The prizes will be subject to any changes thereto as the Organizer sees appropriate.
4. Winners of the awards will be notified separately via phone and email within 1 week after the result announcement. Failure of any winner to respond to the notice within 1 week after the notification will lead to forfeiture of the award, which may then be awarded to another appropriate entrant.
Entry Fee and Prizes
‧ FREE for Entry
‧ Each eligible participant could get:
– An IOC E-Certificate; and
– One piece of 2021 Olympic Day Souvenir T-shirt produced by FILA (First-
1. Download the “Entry Form” and “Artwork Label”, please complete the form accurately with clear writing and attach the Artwork Label to the back of the artwork.
2. Please submit individual Entry Form for each entry.
3. Mail or deliver the completed Entry Form along with the original artwork to the office of the SF&OC (Address: 2/F, Olympic House, 1 Stadium Path, So Kon Po, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong). Please mark “2021 Olympic Day – Colouring and Drawing Competition” on the envelope.
23 June 2021 (Wed), 6:00pm
The completed Entry Form along with the original artwork must be mailed or delivered to the office address of the SF&OC on or before 6:00pm on 23 June 2021. Postmark later than 23 June 2021 will be regarded as late submission. Late submission or any post with insufficient stamp fee will not be processed.
Office Hour of the Secretariat, SF&OC
9:30am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 6:00pm from Monday to Friday
(Except Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday)
Results will be announced on 5 July 2021 at SF&OC’s website and Facebook page. Winners will be notified individually.
*Outstanding Artworks Exhibition
Date: 23 July 2021 – 13 August 2021
Venue: Sha Tin New Town Plaza & Tseung Kwan O East Point City
*Awards Presentation Ceremony
Date: 24 July 2021
Venue: Sha Tin New Town Plaza
*The arrangements may be changed subject to the pandemic situation. Please stay tuned to the SF&OC’s website and Facebook page for announcement.
1. Each entrant can only submit one entry for each theme. Multiple submission within each theme will not be accepted. Incomplete, inaccurate and late entries or online applications will not be accepted.
2. Except for Kindergarten group, entrants are free to create their drawing based on the theme set in the Rules and Regulations, yet the Organizer has the right to disqualify any entries which are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory or offensive.
3. The design concept statement and the entry must be the entrant’s original and sole work without infringing any intellectual property rights and / or other rights of any person or entity.
4. The entry must not have been published or presented publicly or awarded with any prizes in Hong Kong or elsewhere before.
5. Whenever disputes arise, the Organizer has the sole and absolute right to determine whether any entry should be disqualified and its decision shall be final.
Property Right / Intellectual Property Rights
Upon submitting the Entry Form, the entrant agrees to waive any right or interest he / she may have in the entry, design concept and all intellectual property rights therein (“the Works”) and further agrees that the Works shall be assigned to the Organizer and become the properties of the Organizer. No part of any Works will be returned to the entrant. The Organizer reserves the right to deal with and dispose of the Works at any time, including whether to return the Works to the entrant upon special request and subject to any conditions that may be imposed, provided that if the Organizer shall in its absolute right to decide to return the Works to any entrant as aforesaid, the entrant shall accept the return of the Works on an “as is” basis and any conditions that may be imposed. Under no circumstances shall the Organizer take or assume any responsibility for any damage caused to the Works or any change in their condition.
1. Participant aged under 18 should consult your parent or guardian before the supply of the personal information.
2. The personal data collected in the Entry Form is used by the SF&OC for administering the Competition. If you give your consent under the parts ‘Join as “Hong Kong Olympic Fans Club (OFC)” Member’ and/or ‘Receive the latest information of SF&OC’, your personal data (name, contact number and email) will be kept in the OFC’s and/or SF&OC’s database for the purpose of sending you information / updates.
3. If you do not provide adequate and accurate data, we may not be able to process your entry in this Competition or enrollment as OFC Member or send you the latest information of SF&OC.
4. Each entrant warrants and represents to the Organizer that all personal data provided are true and accurate.
5. Each entrant confirms that he / she consents to the Organizer’s use of the personal data for the purposes of this Competition, such use to be in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
6. The personal data collected for the purposes of this Competition will be kept by the Organizer till the end of the Competition, and thereafter will be destroyed. If the entrant also agrees to enroll as a member of the OFC or to receive information from SF&OC, his / her personal data collected will be kept until he / she ceases to be a member of OFC or opts out from receiving information from SF&OC and thereafter destroyed within a reasonable time. The entrant may request access or make changes to the personal data already submitted to the Organizer by calling at (852) 2504 8560or sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. The Organizer may disclose the personal data submitted by the entrants when required by law or court order, or as requested by the government or law enforcement authorities, or in the good faith that such disclosure is necessary or advisable to protect the rights or properties of the SF&OC.
8. The Organizer may disclose the personal data collected to third parties for the purpose of this Competition to the external service providers or website developers or other parties engaged by the Organizer to assist with the development, organization and administration of the Competition.
Other Terms & Conditions
1. Each entrant should provide his/her name according to their HK Identify Card. No amendment could be made after the certificates and trophies produced.
2. Entries should be packaged safely. Participants shall be responsible for any loss of documents or artworks due to mail delivery error or insufficient stamp fee.
3. Submitted entries will be exhibited, displayed or published by the Organizer by means of exhibitions and publications. Works may also be modified and used on SF&OC’s website, advertisements, production of souvenirs, images and publications for public relations and advertisement purposes without prior notification or by paying any remuneration.
4. Each entrant will be informed to collect the 2021 Olympic Day Souvenir T-shirt in person at SF&OC office but the size will be on first-come-first-served basis and no change of size will be entertained. Details of the arrangement will be announced later.
5. The Organizer reserves the right to final interpretation of any disputes arising from these rules and reserves the right to change the rules without prior notification.
6. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizer shall be final and conclusive.
Secretariat, Sports Federation & Olympic Committee of Hong Kong, China
Telephone: (852) 2504-8560 (Ms. Kata CHAN, Please indicate the Colouring & Drawing Competition of your enquiry)